Bosley is the leader in medical hair restoration and hair loss solutions and is home to some of the best hair transplantation surgeons in the world. We have performed more than 250,000 hair transplant procedures on men and women from more than 60 different nations who have suffered from hair loss and progressive baldness. Our next generation hair-by-hair restoration technique allows our physicians to deliver the best hair restoration results for each patient. This process creates a denser, natural looking hair restoration that matches the patient’s existing hair patterns and facial structure.
History of Bosley
Bosley was founded in 1974 by L. Lee Bosley, M.D.
Dr. Bosley was a pioneer in the field of medical hair restoration. He helped innovate many of the advanced artistic and scientific techniques that are still used in hair restoration today. Dr. Bosley performed his first hair restoration procedure in 1963 when the procedure was still in its infancy.
Throughout his career, he performed more than 32,500 hair restoration procedures, equating to more than three million individual transplant grafts.
His work brought a keen focus on artistry to the field of hair restoration. His contributions continue to change the way the world performs hair restoration surgery, and his work has helped patients to achieve permanent, natural looking results.
At Bosley, our goal is to educate and provide helpful information to every person who inquires about hair restoration. We pride ourselves in providing world-class, state-of-the-art clinical care to every patient. We make this possible by insisting upon:
- Recruitment of the best physicians in the world
- Providing ongoing, world-class training
- Meaningful contact with our patients before, during, and after their procedure
- State-of-the-art technology
- Multi-dimensional Quality Assurance Programs
- The best science combined with the most advanced care
We contribute to and show concern for our communities and environment by:
- Financial and leadership contributions to cancer-related organizations including the Concern Foundation, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
- Donating to those in crisis locally and abroad, such as Toys for Tots, tsunami relief funds through CARE, Hurricane Katrina relief, and local family crisis centers
- Support for performing arts education
- Providing training to dermatology residents at many universities across the country and acting in advisory roles to many local technical schools
- Sponsoring many hair-related organizations and forums, including the North American Hair Research Society Mentorship (NAHRS)
- Donation of nearly 4,000 wigs to children who have lost their hair due to accident, injury, illness, or in response to radiation therapy or chemotherapy