FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
Schedule your FREE consultation
THE BOSLEY FUE: HAIR-BY-HAIR TRANSPLANTATION
Bosley’s FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) hair transplant is a proven, minimally invasive outpatient procedure in which follicular unit grafts, consisting of a small number of hair follicles, are individually removed from the genetically stronger areas of your scalp (the “donor” areas) and artistically restored to your thinning areas (the “recipient” areas).
Our experienced physicians use the Bosley FUE natural graft placement process to recreate your hairline and growth pattern for a permanent, natural-looking result. And because there are no linear scars and no stitches, your donor area will heal in just a few days.
WHY CHOOSE BOSLEY FUE?
A Bosley FUE hair transplant procedure, as with all hair restoration procedures at Bosley, is performed by and under the supervision of a Bosley physician. Bosley physicians have dedicated their practice exclusively to hair restoration. Bosley physicians are highly skilled in the time-tested Bosley process of natural graft placement, where a patient’s hairline is recreated in keeping with their original hair growth pattern to give them a natural-looking result.
CONSUMER ALERT – PLEASE READ: Hair Restoration Surgery Requires a Medical License (click to review alert)
Benefits Of A Bosley FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
- No stitches; donor area appears mostly unchanged within days
- Natural-looking and permanent results
- State-of-the-art minimally invasive technique
- Simple outpatient procedure
- Fast recovery; many patients return to work the next day
HOW A BOSLEY FUE IS PERFORMED
Using a tiny one-millimeter in diameter (or less) instrument, the physician will remove individual follicular units from the patient’s scalp. The device makes a tiny circular incision around the follicular unit to isolate the graft. The graft is then extracted directly from the scalp using a tweezers-like instrument, and then prepared for placement by your team of skilled Bosley technicians. Working with high-powered stereo microscopes, these specially trained technicians isolate, prepare and ensure that the follicular grafts remain in optimal condition. Follicular units are arranged into groups depending on the number of hairs contained within each follicle (1-4 hairs are commonly found within each follicle). The placement of these follicular units is what sets the stage for Bosley’s natural-looking results and artistic difference.
Note: FUE incorporates the latest, minimally invasive technology and advanced grafting techniques. Your Bosley physician can help you determine which technology or technique is best for you. Follicular Unit Extraction and Follicular Unit Transplantation are offered at all Bosley surgical offices.
Preparing the Donor Area
- First, we identify the recipient areas and work to personalize a plan to help you achieve the most natural-looking hairline possible.
- Next, we trim the hair in your donor area to facilitate the identification and removal of strong, healthy donor hairs.
Removing and Preparing the Hair Follicles
- Once the donor area is prepared, we remove individual follicular units from your scalp by making a tiny circular incision around them to isolate the
graft. Then we extract the graft from the scalp using a tweezers-like instrument.
- Working with high-powered stereo microscopes, our trained technicians examine the follicular grafts and prepare them for placement.
- Follicular unit grafts are arranged into groups depending on the number of hairs in each follicle (1-4 hairs are commonly found within each follicular
- Based on your specific hair loss pattern, we map out the optimal placement of each follicular unit group in order to achieve the most natural-looking
Placing the Follicular Units
- When the follicular grafts are ready, we make small incisions in your recipient area that match your natural hair growth pattern.
- The follicular grafts are then strategically placed one by one, according to the number of hairs within each follicle, in order to maximize the
naturalness, density and coverage of the thinning areas. This is where the experience and artistry of your Bosley physician is critical.
FUE Healing and Hair Growth
- The tiny incisions left behind after the follicular units are extracted will heal completely in a few days.
- Three months after the procedure, you should begin to notice new hair growth.
- After six months, you should notice significant regrowth, at which point your native and transplanted hair will continue to grow naturally.
FUT vs. FUE
Learn about the difference between an FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) and FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) procedure to see which one is right for you.
Bosley FUE Hair Transplant Patient Testimonials
“I’m extremely happy with the Bosley FUE procedure. It allowed me to go in that morning, have the procedure, and go home that evening. I went out that evening with friends. It allowed me to carry on with my daily activities. I couldn’t be happier with my procedure.”
– John B.
I’m so thankful that I had the FUE procedure at Bosley. I wanted to go with a company that had the latest and most advanced technology, and that decision ultimately came down to Bosley’s FUE. It’s really cliche to say, but it changed my life.”
– Edgar S.
“Going to Bosley was the best decision I ever made. It was so simple, I was at work the next day!”