FOLLICULAR UNIT HAIR TRANSPLANT (FUT)
THE BOSLEY FOLLICULAR UNIT HAIR TRANSPLANT (FUT)
Bosley’s FUT is a simple outpatient hair transplant procedure that works by replacing or restoring your lost hair and hairline.
Unlike old-fashioned hair replacement options such as wigs or plugs, hair transplant surgery is a permanent, natural-looking solution that doesn’t require any ongoing maintenance. And because it takes only a day to complete, you’ll be back to your regular activities in no time.
FUT HAIR TRANSPLANT PROCEDURE
- Removing the Donor Tissue
- We identify the thinning areas (known as the “recipient” areas) that you are interested in restoring and work to personalize a plan to help you achieve the most natural-looking hairline possible.
- Next, we prepare the hair from the back of your head (known as the “donor” area) by trimming the area and preserving the surrounding hair.
- After administering local anesthesia to numb the donor area so that you’re completely comfortable during the procedure, our physician removes a strip of tissue in the donor area containing your permanent, lifelong hair follicles.
- Once we’ve removed the donor hair, we suture the area and use the surrounding hair to conceal the sutured area.
- Preparing the Donor Hair
- Our clinical staff prepares the donor hair for placement by trimming or dissecting the donor strips into their follicle groupings, also known as units. Each unit comprises of one, two, three or four hair follicles.
- While the units are being prepped for transplantation, you’re free to read, take a nap, watch a movie or relax.
- Placing the Follicular Units
- Once the follicles are prepared and ready to be transplanted, our physician makes a tiny incision on your scalp for each follicular unit, paying close attention to the location, angle and depth of each unit to ensure natural-looking results and to maximize the density and coverage of the thinning areas.
- Based on your custom plan, our hair transplant surgery team places the individual follicular units into the donor recipient sites created by your physician.
- After the Procedure
- Our clinical team will give you instructions on how to care for your donor and recipient areas, as well as provide medication for sleep and any discomfort you might have.
- The day after your hair transplant surgery, you’re encouraged to return to have your hair washed and to have the recipient sites and donor area inspected. While you might experience some soreness, tightness or numbness, most patients are able to return to work in just a couple of days.
- A week after your surgery, any swelling and redness will usually be gone.
- Three months after the procedure, new hair will usually begin to regrow. After six months, you should notice significant hair regrowth.
Schedule a consultation with one of our experienced counselors today to see if the Bosley FUT is the right solution for your hair loss.
Get your free Info Kit and
$250 gift certificate today!
FUT VS. FUE HAIR TRANSPLANT PROCEDURES
Learn about the difference between FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) and FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) hair transplant procedures to see which one is right for you.